Monday, August 22, 2016

Now That the Olympics Are Over + Some Observations


Well friends as of last night's closing ceremonies, the Olympics are officially over and I'm already counting the days until 2020 when they're on again. HA! Anyone else go into mourning when the Olympics finish up? It's been a good 2 weeks!!

But, now that the Olympics are over ...

I might actually do more than sit on the couch for hours on end.

The T.V. will no longer be on for 12+ hours every day-- NO, I was not sitting there for that long.. they played in the background.

The Olympics being on can't be my excuse for no thought on dinners.. Okay, who am I kidding.. it isn't the Olympics, cooking just isn't my thing!

I'll hopefully go to bed at a decent time and wake up less sleepy in the mornings!!

We can start taking evening walks again .. taking 115 steps a day just isn't cutting it.

Our 2-3 days a week of nightly fishing can commence .. I've missed fishing!!

One word: PRODUCTIVE. Maybe that'll happen again.

I won't be crying as often .. seriously, every time I saw an athlete cross a finish line/stand on the podium I was in tears.. I'm a softy, what can I say?!

And for some Olympic observations/questions I'm left asking ... 

HOW do the beach volleyball girls/guys stand the sweat + sand combo?! It drove me crazy just seeing it on them.

I got to thinking about the Equestrian horses and their transportation to the Olympics.. obviously they're taken by boat, right? But the thought of a horse on an airplane cracks me up!

I'm positive that Golf is the most boring Olympic sport to watch .. sorry if you like that sort of thing.

Next time the Olympics are on I will be almost 31 .. HOW is that possible?!

The Olympics games in 2020 just won't be the same without Michael Phelps swimming in them.

I will NOT miss the same commercials playing over and over and over.

Some of these people have pretty cool last names .. Kromodijojo & Akinradewo

I can't imagine how much a country actually spends to host the Olympics.. I'm not sure I want to know.


If you like our family picture then you should go find me on Facebook and watch our promo video; I promise you won't be disappointed!! Are you wondering why we're dressed so wacky?? Every Olympic season we have an Olympics party. We each choose a country + sport and watch the opening or closing ceremony while eating delicious food and dressing ridiculously. This year I was a tennis player from Brazil, out of request from my nieces .. maybe next time I'll be an athlete from Djibouti .. do I even know where it's at? Nope.. but the name sure sounds fun and Lord knows I've got a big one. HA!

Happy new week, friends & happy efforts at being productive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design + Development by Dream Thinker Design. Powered by Blogger.